Before editing our film we needed our video film of our four-minute movie to be downloaded onto the computer in order to start editing. The website we used for this was Mega.com which allowed use to download all our video clips which my team took to make the four minute movie.
When my team and me finished recording our four-minute film we needed do just do our postproduction. In order for us to start editing our movie putting sound affect, different lighting, intro and more we need a program. The program that we used for editing was final cut pro which used to edit the four-minute film. The reason for editing is to add more to the movie and combine video clips which my team recorded separately. This to make the four minute look better four our audience instead just being raw video which would simply be just plain boring.

Once final cut pro was open all I needed to do was to apply the movie clips to final cut pro. Once I had done that I would be able to start editing the clips however I wanted. I did this by clicking on a big arrow pointing downwards this lead me to find the video clips on my computer in one of my files called download where all the video clips for my team’s four minute movie was.


As there was a lot of footage to work with I needed to cut down on some of the movie clips, as I thought not all the video clips were necessary as it was only suppose to be a four-minute movie. By clicking on one of the movie clips I could watch the video clip before deciding if I would add it to final cut pro for me to edit it and put it in the four minute movie.

Once I’d decided on what video clip I wanted in the movie I clicked on import selected. This would allow me to edit the video clip on final cut pro were it was saved for storage. This was just in case if I ever were to ever accidently delete it video clip a back up just case something went wrong and for example the computer shut down all of a sudden.
Once I had gone onto import selected it would be saved onto final cut pro and the video clips uploaded would always be on upper left hand side to the main hub of final cut pro. This use is short the time it takes to find a clip when instead it right be right in front as soon as you go onto final cut pro which shorten the time it takes to find a video clip and put it in into the four minute movie.

After the video clips were saved onto final cut pro I only needed to drag the videos into the final cut pro timeline so I can t finally make a movie and start editing. I first started by make an intro. The intro only consisted of the four-minute movie title, which was called The Happy Family. I added an intro so I can introduce the audience and for the audience to know the name of the short film. I added a title by clicking on a T icon, which stood for titles. The title browser is on the right hand side of the cut pro, which is in the middle. I decided with a basic title that didn’t stand out, as I couldn’t find anything, which felt like it had the look of being scary or mysterious, as I wanted the title to contrast with the genre of the movie, which there wasn’t. Once I had chosen the title I dragged it in the final cut pro time line first. Then when I clicked on it another hub showed up which allowed me to write anything I want that when I wrote the name of the title The Happy Family.
What I made up for the title was instead adding a hollow and creepy soundtrack called ambient effect 1. I chose this sound as I thought this matched the theme of the movie and set the mood as soon as the movie started with just the soundtrack alone. Other then that I couldn’t think of anything else to add to the intro. The sound used for editing is in the same place as the title browser but is instead the icon is the music note. I also died to end the movie with the same sound as the movie got even darker by the end movie.
As I wanted to add some sort of suspense but not make the movie none realist I didn’t want to add much when it came to sound. The movie isn’t heavy dialog but I wanted the audience to feel the characters emotion when hearing the characters speak to one another. In the movie there is a time skip. What I decided to do was for the movie to have a short what I did was have a sudden black out with a clock in the ground symbolizing that time has gone by. I did this by dragging the file bell tower in the sound and music category on top of the video clip of the black out. This gave a sudden mystery and make the audience wonder why put black out in the middle of the four minute short movie.
Once I had finished editing the recorded movie clips parts I wanted in the movie along with adding the titles and sound effects. I uploaded the video by selecting all the clips of video at once. When I had than that I clicked on the top left hand corner of the desktop I clicked file and went to share than my account so I can upload the video to YouTube once it was complete. Once on YouTube it was public for everyone to watch on youtube.


No comments:
Post a Comment